MVL-19-006, Registered Practical Nurse, Temporary Part time
|Open Date||Aug 29 2019 - 09:59:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 29 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||MVL-19-006, Registered Practical Nurse, Temporary Part time||Posting Type||Maple View Lodge|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary – Part Time|
|Department Group||MVL Nursing Direct||Hours per Week||22.5|
|Department||MVL Nursing Direct||Openings||1|
|Education||College Diploma / Diplôme collégial|
|Salary Range||$23.63 - $28.09|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Maple View Lodge invites applications for the position of:
Registered Practical Nurse
22.5 hours weekly
Duration: Approximately one year
2019 Salary: $23.63 to $28.09/hour
Location: Athens, Ontario
Please note: This position is part of the OPSEU 494 (Maple View Lodge) bargaining unit.
Expressions of interests are also being accepted from members of the OPSEU 494 (Maple View Lodge) bargaining unit who have completed their probationary period.
Reporting to the Manager of Long-Term Care and/or designate, and under the direction of the Registered staff, the Registered Practical Nurse will be responsible for assisting the health care team to promote the optimum physical, social and emotional well-being of each resident of Maple View Lodge.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Current Certification of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Ontario Basic Cardiac Life Support Program - Level II.
- Experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care nursing preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills combined with proven written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible working hours required
- Good physical/mental health
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts and within the standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with the Operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville, Provincial Standards for Long Term Care, and Residents’ Bill of Rights.
2. Administers medications and selected treatments with appropriate documentation as approved by the College of Nurses of Ontario and Maple View Lodge policies.
3. Responsible for accurate and complete documentation on the resident records including Quarterly summaries, incidental charting on Nursing Progress notes, reviewing and updating Resident Care plans in collaboration with Registered Nurses and Health Care Aides.
4. Initiates Incident and Unusual Occurrences forms and forwards to the Charge Nurse.
5. Contributes to the maintenance or improvement of the resident’s health status to their optimum level using the nursing process.
6. Maintains the standards and legislative regulations regarding narcotic and controlled drug administration and documentation.
7. Assists with and participates in the orientation of new staff and students.
8. Conducts and enhances effective communication within Maple View Lodge and with outside agencies.
9. The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure the successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
10. Exercises professional growth and development.
11. Maintains a high level of respect of confidentiality for the organization, as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act(MFIPPA).
12. Other related duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Expressions of Interest should be marked “Competition # MVL-19-006, Registered Practical Nurse, TPT Repost” and submitted online to: Recruitment
Resumes should be marked “Competition # MVL-19-006, Registered Practical Nurse, TPT Repost” and submitted online to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com.
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsMVL-19-006 RPN, TPT Repostx5.pdf
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.