CSS-19-105, Program Support, Temporary Full time
|Open Date||Aug 13 2019 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Aug 22 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||CSS-19-105, Program Support, Temporary Full time||Posting Type||Community and Social Services|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary – Full Time|
|Department Group||Community Housing||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Com. Housing Administration||Openings||1|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Salary Range||$21.34 - $25.35|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Community and Social Services
invites applications for the position of:
Temporary Full Time
Start Date: September 16, 2019
Approx. End Date: July 31, 2021
Salary (Grid 3): $21.34 - $25.35/hr.
Please note: This position is part of the OPSEU Local 494 bargaining unit
Reporting directly to the Program Supervisor and indirectly to the Department Manager and Director of Community and Social Services, the Program Support will provide clerical support, reception and intake, data entry and other related duties as required and/or required.
- College Diploma from a recognized Community College – Office Administration.
- One-to-two year’s office experience in a Social Services environment.
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of all programs within the Community and Social Services Division.
- Experience in handling of money (i.e. receipts, reconciliations, etc.).
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of community agencies/organizations which interface with the Community and Social Services Division.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, decision-making and communication skills.
- Ability to work in minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and within a team-delivered organizational model.
- Experience and proficiency in the various system software programs relevant to Social Services (i.e. Word, Excel, SDMT, SAMS, Yardi, OCCMS, Kidcount, Outlook etc.).
- Familiarity and proficiency in the use of all office equipment.
- Possess highly developed keyboarding skills.
- Ability to address difficult situations and diffuse accordingly.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of the barriers faced by the clients served by the Division.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to the needs of the community.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends depending upon the needs of the community.
- The possession and maintenance of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Perform the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable provincial and municipal acts. Perform the responsibilities of the position consistent with the operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Ensure that ongoing work with families/individuals and fellow staff is conducted in a manner that is respectful, empowering and demonstrates a strong customer service philosophy.
- Provide intake screening and reception duties including rent collection, issuance of receipts and daily rent reconciliations.
- Provide record retention duties, filing, file preparation, photocopying, word processing, mail distribution, statistical gathering, preparation of correspondence and file preparation as required.
- Distribute forms/applications to families/individuals and advise them of policies and procedures related to the various programs within the Community and Social Services Division.
- Process information requests utilizing third-party database resources and create/maintain tracking systems as requested and/or required.
- Provide assistance to all staff within the Community and Social Services Division as requested and/or required including the scheduling of appointments, monitoring of messages, call returns, etc.
- Work collaboratively with community partner agencies to promote and support the programs delivered and to maintain a working knowledge of available resources to best serve, support and refer families/individuals.
- Provide back-up support and coverage to all Program Support staff as required.
- Maintain a high level of computer proficiency for all relevant divisional software.
- The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure the successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- As set out for the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville’s Peacetime Emergency Plan, perform duties upon the declaration of a peacetime State of Emergency.
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.
Applications should be marked “Competition #CSS-19-105 (Program Support, TFT)” and submitted online by 4:00 p.m. on/before Thursday, August 22, 2019 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com.
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA),and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance to make an accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY-1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process, is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsCSS-19-105, Program Support, TFT.pdf