PW-19-121, Civil Engineering Technician, Permanent Full time
|Open Date||Oct 02 2019 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Oct 23 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||PW-19-121, Civil Engineering Technician, Permanent Full time||Posting Type||Public Works|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full Time|
|Department Group||Roads||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Roads Management – Admin||Openings||1|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||2 years|
|Salary Range||$26.43 - $34.79|
Public Works Division
Invites applications for the position of:
Civil Engineering Technician
2019 Salary: $26.43 to $34.79/hour
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering and Operations and the Director of Public Works, the Civil Engineering Technician will be responsible for pre-engineering surveys, drafting/design, contract preparation and administration, construction inspection, and GPS data collection.
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering Technician, Technologist or Engineer in Training designated by Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Minimum two (2) years' relevant experience including relevant co-op experience;
- Physical ability to perform tasks relating to highway design and construction and land acquisition;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience of GPS and Autocad drafting;
- Computer skills in all relevant technologies within the Public Works Division;
- Valid Class "G" Driver's License;
- Use of a reliable vehicle
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts. Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with the Operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Assists the Manager of Engineering and Operations with engineering surveys, data collection, design drawings and construction layout.
- Prepares drawings, calculations, schedules and specification for capital and maintenance works.
- Assists in contract planning, tender preparation, construction inspection and progress documentation.
- Prepares payment certificates, progress reports, work orders and project summaries.
- The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure that successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Other related assigned duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Resumes should be marked “Competition # PW-19-121 (Civil Engineering Technician, PFT)” and submitted online by 4:00 p.m. on /before Wednesday October 23, 2019 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com.
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsPW-19-121 Civil Engineering Technician, PFT.pdf
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.