PW-21-007, Summer Student Labourer - Temporary Full Time
|Open Date||Jan 08 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 31 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||PW-21-007, Summer Student Labourer - Temporary Full Time||Posting Type||Public Works|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary – Full Time|
|Department Group||Roads||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Roads Management – Admin||Openings||1|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Public Works Division
invites applications for the position of:
SUMMER STUDENT LABOURER
ROADS Department – North Leeds (Frankville) Patrol Garage
Date: May 10 through August 27, 2021
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Competition Number: PW-21-007
Reporting to and under the direction of the Patrol Supervisor, the Roads Summer Student Labourer will join a Roads Department Crew and will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to the operation and maintenance of the Roads systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Class “G” driver’s licence and the use of a reliable vehicle is required to travel to various work sites throughout Leeds and Grenville.
- Physically able to perform tasks involving manual labour.
- Experience operating hand tools and power tools and motorized equipment, including lawn mowers and weed trimmers.
- Confirmation of current enrollment in and returning to full time post-secondary studies for the 2021/2022 school terms.
- Work boots with both a protective toe cap and puncture resistant sole (green patch/CSA approved) are required. (All other safety equipment will be provided.)
- Computer software knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts. Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with the Operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Completes lawn mowing, basic maintenance on grounds and buildings
- Assists with road patrol, maintenance, and construction.
- Protects own health and health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately. Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Communicates with co-workers and the Public in a professional manner.
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Applications should be marked “Competition # PW-21-007, Roads Summer Student” and submitted online to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com. This position will remain open until filled.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, will only be used for this purpose and will be retained for a maximum twelve month period.
AttachmentsPW-21-007 Roads Summer Student - Frankville.pdf