MVL-21-150, Personal Support Worker, Casual
|Open Date||Aug 23 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 22 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||MVL-21-150, Personal Support Worker, Casual||Posting Type||Maple View Lodge|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||MVL Nursing Direct||Hours per Week||Not guaranteed|
|Department||MVL Nursing Direct||Openings||1|
|Salary Range||$21.17 - $25.21|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Maple View Lodge
Invites applications for the position of:
Position: Personal Support Worker
Hours of work: Not guaranteed
Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights
2021 Salary: $21.17 to $25.21 per hour
Location: Maple View Lodge, Athens
Union: OPSEU Local 494 (Maple View Lodge) bargaining unit
The provincial government has approved an expansion of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville owned Maple View Lodge, long-term care home, located in Athens, Ontario. The highly anticipated expansion will see the addition of 132 class – “A” beds from the current existing 60-bed facility we see today.
Maple View Lodge is located in Athens, Ontario and is part of the region's heartland, famous for its lakes and cottage country such as Charleston Lake and the Rideau Canal System. Athens is located 20 minutes North of Brockville, Ontario, known for its tourist destinations including the Thousand Islands, bridges to the USA, and situated on the Highway 401, between Kingston, Toronto and Montreal.
Reporting to the Director of Care and/or designate, and under the direction of the Registered staff, the Personal Support Worker will be responsible for assisting the health care team to promote the optimum physical, social and emotional well-being of each resident of Maple View Lodge.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Personal Support Worker Certificate;
- Good interpersonal skills combined with excellent verbal communication skills;
- Good physical/mental health;
- Flexible working hours required;
- Previous work experience in geriatric/long-term care an asset;
- Best Practice Champion designation preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts. Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with the Operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville, Provincial Standards for Long Term Care, and Residents’ Bill of Rights.
- Maintain professional development requirements as per the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and policies and procedures of The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Assists and promotes the optimum physical, social and emotional well-being of each resident.
- Responsible for accurate and complete documentation on the resident records including daily flow sheets, restraint flow sheets and incidental charting in Nursing Progress notes.
- Assists with updating Nursing Care plans for each resident.
- Ensures effective communication techniques are employed in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates personal growth and development.
- The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure the successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintains a high level of respect of confidentiality for the organization, as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
How to Apply: Submit online by 4:00 p.m. on September 22, 2021 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or Bell Relay Service. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsMVL-21-150, Personal Support Worker, Casual- Deadline September 22-2021.pdf