CS-21-098 Asset Management Coordinator, Permanent Full Time
|Open Date||Jun 08 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Jun 29 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||CS-21-098 Asset Management Coordinator, Permanent Full Time||Posting Type||Corporate Services|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full Time|
|Department Group||Accounting Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Accounting Services – Admin||Openings||1|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Invites applications for the position of:
Asset Management Coordinator
Status: Permanent Full-Time
2021 Salary: $35.04-$41.72/hour
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Reporting to the Treasurer, the Asset Management Coordinator is responsible for working with internal stakeholders in all departments to lead the development and ongoing maintenance of the Counties corporate asset management program. This position will maintain the asset management database, work with GIS related data and support Finance with the long-term financial plan for the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
Education, Certification & Licenses
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Asset Management, Finance/Accounting, Business, Engineering, Building Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Designation or Certification in Asset Management is preferred
- The possession and maintenance of a valid driver's "G" license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working with capital planning, data analysis and business analysis, preferably in a municipal environment
- Experience and understanding of asset management legislation, business principles, lifecycle costing, levels of service framework, risk assessment, infrastructure renewal costing, public works and priority setting
- Demonstrated understanding of the full life cycle for asset information from multiple perspectives, including information systems and data, assets, asset systems and hierarchies, people and knowledge, business practices, and communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial principles, policies, procedures/processes, and reporting requirements.
- A proficient level of computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet applications, and databases.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with a strong focus on customer service and the ability to interact effectively with team members, customers and a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet specific deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented individual capable of working in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
Activity 1 Asset Management Data Collection and Maintenance (approximately 30%)
- Coordinate the collection and maintenance of municipal infrastructure asset inventories (Roads, Bridges/Culverts, Community Housing, Fleet, Buildings and Facilities, and Other Equipment).
- Obtain input and requirements from all departments to maintain currency and relevance of the asset management database.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of municipal infrastructure assets, as required, including physical verification, counting, numbering, assessing condition and record keeping for asset management information system.
- Accurately enter asset information and financial data into financial and asset management systems.
- Work with the GIS Department to maintain the accuracy of the Counties’ asset information within the GIS systems.
- Assist in the annual review of the risk matrix and levels of service
Activity 2 Asset Management Analysis (approximately 20%)
- Monitor asset management performance measures, benchmarking and maintenance standards.
- Assist in the risk assessment of the Counties’ assets.
- Perform data manipulations to extract knowledge and insights from asset management data.
Activity 3 Asset Management Plan Coordination (approximately 20%)
- Coordinate the annual review and update of the Counties’ Asset Management Plan with departments
- Coordinate the complete review and update of the Asset Management Plan once per term of Counties Council.
Activity 4 Financial Analysis for Asset Management Planning (approximately 20%)
- Assist departments to extract the asset management data for annual operating and capital budget requirements.
- Develop spreadsheet models/tools to assist in the roll-up of the asset management data to the long-term capital and financial plans.
Activity 5 Asset Management Policies and Procedures (approximately 10%)
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of asset management policies and procedures.
- Train staff as required in the asset management software and corporate Asset Management policies and procedures.
Other related duties, as requested and required.
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Federal and Provincial Legislation; Municipal Acts, By-Laws and Operational and Human Resource policies and codes of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Ensures a high level of respect for confidentiality for both the organization as a whole and staff as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Protects own health and health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety. Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Adhere to applicable legislation, including Ontario Regulation 588/17 Asset Management Planning for Municipal Infrastructure.
FINANCIAL & BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides departments assistance with their annual operating and capital budget in terms of asset management planning.
- Provides assistance to the Manager of Accounting Services/Deputy Treasurer and Treasurer for regular maintenance of the Counties’ long-term capital and financial plans.
- Providing asset management expertise to all levels of the organization.
- Working with internal and external clients.
- Position may involve making presentations to senior management and Council.
- High degree of visual attention required.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers for data entry and writing.
- Mostly inside work, in busy/noisy office environment.
- Work involves frequent interruptions to respond to customer demands.
- Requirement to work outside of normal business hours to meet organizational needs.
- Occasional travel to Counties’ owned facilities throughout the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville geographical region
- Infrequent overnight travel for training may be required.
- Overtime may be required on an infrequent basis.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Apply online by 4:00 p.m. on/before June 29, 2021 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process, is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsCS-21-098, Asset Management Coordinator, PFT -Deadline June 29, 2021.pdf