MVL-21-009, Door Screener, Temporary
|Open Date||Jan 13 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 20 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||MVL-21-009, Door Screener, Temporary||Posting Type||Maple View Lodge|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary – Part Time|
|Department Group||MVL Program & Support||Hours per Week||32|
|Department||MVL Program & Support||Openings||1|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Maple View Lodge
Invites applications for the position of:
Position: Door Screener
Status: Temporary (for up to 6 months)
Hours of work: Sixty- four (64) hours bi-weekly
Shift: Days, Evenings
Location: Maple View Lodge, Athens
The Door Screener is responsible for completing the COVID-19 screening process in person or over the phone, for all individuals entering the Home. This includes; visitors, staff, contractors, and physicians entering the Home. You will be representing Maple View Lodge as the first point of contact for our community.
Participates in activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy resident and family-centred environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 education (OSSD or GED)
- Customer service focus and ability to relate in a tactful and sensitive manner with staff, residents and the general public.
- Demonstrated excellence in spoken communications in English.
- Previous experience working in a customer service role preferred.
- Able to work well under pressure and ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Able to follow evolving Ministry Protocols- flexible and adaptable to changes in process, while enforcing in a respectable manner.
- Organizational skills (i.e. manage appointments for visitors).
- Experience with problem solving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for screening all employees entering into the Home for symptoms of COVID-19, temperatures are taken twice a shift and all staff are given PPE’s (mask, goggles/face shield).
- Ensure all individuals entering the Home wash their hands using hand sanitizer.
- Greet and engage all people entering the building using a standardized health questionnaire and performing a temperature check.
- Assist with our visitor process includes booking appointments and PPE training for all visitors.
- Reports any contravention of the LTCHA or the regulations, or any hazard to their immediate supervisor/Manager and or RN on duty.
- Complies with and maintains competence in the Home’s emergency procedures and use of related equipment; responds promptly and appropriately to emergency alarms and the instruction of delegated staff relating to emergencies.
- Maintains a high level of respect of confidentiality for the organization and the residents served as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and Personal Health Information Privacy and Protection Act (PHIPPA);
- Assist with dog walking
- Garbage removal
- Manage PPE stock in work area, wear required PPE,
- Disinfecting workspace throughout shift (i.e. including high touch surfaces).
- Other related duties as requested and required;
- The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business and that facilities and resources are made available to ensure successful execution by all staff of required Health and Safety legislation and corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Resumes should be marked “Competition # MVL-21-009 (Door Screener, Temporary)” and submitted online by 4pm on January 20, 2021 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsMVL-21-009, Door Screener, Temporary- Deadline January 20, 2021.pdf