CSS-21-090 Social Services Manager, Permanent Full Time
|Open Date||Jun 08 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Jun 22 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||CSS-21-090 Social Services Manager, Permanent Full Time||Posting Type||Community and Social Services|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full Time|
|Department Group||IPD||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Integrated Program Delivery||Openings||1|
|Education||University Degree||Experience||7 - 8 years|
|Salary Range||$94,348.80 - $112,312.20|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Community and Social Services Division invites applications for the position of:
Social Services Manager
Permanent Full Time
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Start Date: June 2021
2021 Salary Grid: $94,348.80 - $112,312.20
Reporting directly to the Director of Community and Social Services, the Social Services Manager will be responsible for the delivery, management and administration of Ontario Works and life stabilization services. The position will coordinate the delivery of a broad range of social programs and agreements with community stakeholders and Ministry partners. The Manager will ensure compliance to applicable legislation and regulations and develop new programs and policies as required to support the provision of quality programs and services.
- B.A. or B.S.W. degree or related post-secondary degree in Social Sciences, Social Work or Public Administration (Social Work preferred).
- Minimum seven (7) to eight (8) years of senior management experience, preferably in a municipal or community-based environment, including union experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable Ontario Works legislation, processes, procedures and administration.
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with all programs delivered by Community and Social Services.
- High level of understanding of policies and related legislation or initiatives and their significance and potential impact upon the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and the community.
- Ability to prepare, interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with the development and management of annual budgets.
- Management experience working within a unionized environment; labour relations experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Employment Standards Act and human resources practices, principals, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community agencies/organizations which interface with the Division of Community and Social Services.
- Knowledge of the community served, and an awareness of trends and issues that impact the community.
- Excellent leadership and change management skills, quantitative and qualitative skills, analytical abilities, and demonstrated ability to develop innovative and sound recommendations to complex issues.
- Excellent project/time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of organizational theory and practices.
- Experience in strategic and integrated planning activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to deal with Counties Council, the Joint Services Committee of Leeds and Grenville, senior management, departmental staff and the community.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet computer software applications. Computer literate in all relevant technologies within the social services environment (i.e. SAMS, TPON).
- Ability to work independently and within a team-delivered organizational model.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, undertake multiple complex tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Work outside normal business hours, as requested and required.
- Ensure the highest level of professional standards are met and maintained.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, and the use of a vehicle is required.
- Perform the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts.
- Perform the responsibilities of the position consistent with the operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Evaluate and monitor the overall progress, effectiveness, and results of day-to-day business practices relating to Ontario Works, homelessness and stabilization services.
- Lead and facilitate departmental team meetings and training as required.
- Provide coverage and support as required to the Housing Department and Children’s Services Department.
- Participate in Community and Social Services Managers meetings and strategic planning sessions and requested or required.
- Assist in the identification of service and/or training gaps within the Department and Division.
- Coordinate and review internal file audits and operational audits; ensuring that recommendations are implemented.
- Directly assign and monitor the work and performance of Program Supervisors, Team Leader, Administrative Assistant, and Policy Analyst.
- Directly and indirectly supervise staff within the Social Services Department and ensure that staff provide and maintain high quality customer services. Responsible to motivate and develop staff, and foster a positive and cooperative environment.
- Participate as required in labour management and union contract negotiations.
- Participate in the recruitment, evaluation, discipline, and termination of personnel in accordance with Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Prepare reports to the Director of Community and Social Services, Counties Council, and/or Joint Services Committee as requested or required.
- Prepare, administer and monitor the departmental budget.
- Develop, implement and monitor that appropriate administrative and financial controls are followed.
- Reconcile financial reports to allocations and work collaboratively with the Corporate Services Financial Services Department to ensure accountability.
- Develop service plans and make recommendations to the Director of Community and Social Services with an emphasis on quality outcomes, best practices and effective customer service.
- Provide policy and planning support to the Director of Community and Social Services, senior managers, the community, planning groups, and other organizations funded by the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Develop and implement local policies and procedures that support effective and efficient programs.
- Coordinate and compile statistical data; monitoring reports, and prepare submissions to the Ministry, Joint Services Committee, and other groups as requested or required.
- Assist in the monitoring and reviewing of program service effectiveness by gathering and recording statistics and developing statistical summaries for the Director of Community and Social Services.
- Coordinate and develop draft plans and proposals as requested or required.
- Ensure adherence and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures by all staff.
- Represent the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville in the community through involvement of committees and task forces, including the preparation and delivery of presentations as requested or required.
- Promote, market and support the values of the Community and Social Services Division within the organization and in the broader community.
- Utilize tact, diplomacy, judgment and maintain confidentiality while communicating with other municipal and provincial staff, elected representatives, the MPP’s office, other agency personnel, and the general public to ensure respectful relations.
- Work outside normal business hours, as required.
- Maintain a high level of respect for confidentiality as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- As set out in the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville’s Emergency Plan, perform duties upon the declaration of a state of emergency as requested or required.
- Be knowledgeable and pro-active in adherence to Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Other related assigned duties, as requested or required.
The foregoing job description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Resumes should be marked “Competition # CSS-21-090 Social Services Manager PFT)” and apply online by 4:00 p.m. on /before Thursday, June 22, 2021 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process, is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsCSS-21-090 Social Services Manager Second Posting.pdf