MVL-20-139, Resident Aide, Casual
|Open Date||Jan 04 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 04 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||MVL-20-139, Resident Aide, Casual||Posting Type||Maple View Lodge|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||MVL Programs & Support||Hours per Week||0|
|Department||MVL Program & Support||Openings||1|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Salary Range||$21.17 - $25.21|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Maple View Lodge
Invites applications for the position of:
Position: Resident Aide
Hours of work: Not guaranteed
Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights
2020 Salary: $21.17 to $25.21 per hour
Location: Maple View Lodge, Athens
Union: OPSEU Local 494 (Maple View Lodge) bargaining unit
This position is part of an inter-professional team dedicated to providing a professional high standard of quality non-medical care and support customized to suit the resident’s needs, according to their individual plans of care. Collaboration with other health care team members is expected where and when appropriate. The Resident Aide will carry out the duties in alignment to the organization’s mission, vision and values, and work to further its priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a Secondary School Diploma Grade 12 (GED)
- Three years’ experience in working with the elderly in a health care setting would be preferred but not essential, and equivalency may be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills working with seniors.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – English, French would be an asset.
- Basic computer proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including (Word, Outlook) and the ability to use other software applications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal statutes; performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with the operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Maple View Lodge;
- Performing tasks delegated to them according to the Gentle Persuasive Approach and within the scope of practice as set out by the policies of Maple View Lodge while promoting, respecting and advocating for residents’ rights, autonomy and privacy
- Participates in measures to maintain an environment which promotes the comfort, dignity and safety of residents including, but not limited to: making beds, removing/replenishing linen and tidying rooms
- Follows the resident’s care plan observing and reporting any resident substantial findings and/or changes and communicates any incidents, accidents or unusual occurrences to the RPN/RN
- Porters residents within and on the property including to and from the dining room, programs and therapy; escorts residents to appointments within the Home
- Time management and prioritization skills with the ability to function within a fast-paced environment, responding to changing priorities
- Adapt to change with a continuous process improvement mindset
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees, clients/resident/families and the public
- Practices proper hand hygiene techniques while performing all duties
- Ensure the resident’s hands are clean before and after meal service and/or programs
- Practice proper body mechanics while performing all duties
- Assist residents with meal option selections
- Serves meals and fluids at meal time
- Provides assistance to the resident during meal times
- Delivers the nourishment cart for snacks/fluids
- Assists PSWs or RPNs as the second person during lifts and transfers
- Answers call bells and provides support to residents that does not constitute “intimate” care
- Shares responsibility for the care of equipment in the Home and personal belongings of the residents
- Reports any contravention of the LTCHA or the regulations, or any hazard to their immediate supervisor or Manager
- Complies with and maintains competence in the Home’s emergency procedures and use of related equipment; responds promptly and appropriately to emergency alarms and the instruction of delegated staff relating to emergencies
- Maintain a high level of respect of confidentiality for the organization and the residents served as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and Personal Health Information Privacy and Protection Act (PHIPPA);
- Other related duties as requested and required;
- The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business and that facilities and resources are made available to ensure successful execution by all staff of required Health and Safety legislation and corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Resumes should be marked “Competition # MVL-20-139 (Resident Aide, Casual)” and submitted online by 4pm on February 4, 2021 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsMVL-20-139, Resident Aide, Casual- Deadline Feb 4, 2021.pdf