PW-21-008, Engineering Summer Student, Temporary Full time
|Open Date||Jan 08 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 31 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||PW-21-008, Engineering Summer Student, Temporary Full time||Posting Type||Public Works|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary – Full Time|
|Department Group||Roads Management - Admin||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Roads Management – Admin||Openings||1|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Public Works Division
invites applications for the position of:
SUMMER STUDENT – ENGINEERING
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Date: May 10 through August 27, 2021
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Competition Number: PW-21-008
Reporting to and under the direction of the Manager of Engineering and Operations, the Engineering Summer Student will assist the Department’s technical staff with varying types of engineering related assignments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Class “G” driver’s licence and the use of a reliable vehicle is required to travel to various work sites throughout Leeds and Grenville.
- Currently enrolled in second year of Civil Engineering Technology program or second or third year of Civil Engineering.
- Experience with the following software programs will be considered an asset: AutoCAD, MetroCount Traffic Executive, total station survey software, GPS survey, and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Have an understanding of Ontario Traffic Manuals Book 7, Book 5 and Book 11.
- Knowledgeable of applicable and relevant OPSS and OPSD
- Past experience with construction or inspection is not mandatory, but will be considered an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts. Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with the Operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Collecting Traffic Counts.
- Assisting technical staff with Field Surveying using total station, laser level, and GPS.
4. Construction inspections under the supervision of technical staff.
- AutoCAD work completing design drawings.
- Drafting reports and tenders.
- Protects own health and health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately. Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Applications should be marked “Competition # PW-21-008, Engineering Summer Student”and submitted online to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com. This position will remain open until filled.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, will only be used for this purpose and will be retained for a maximum twelve month period.
AttachmentsPW-21-008 Engineering Summer Student.pdf