MVL-20-005, Registered Nurse, Casual
|Open Date||Nov 04 2020 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 03 2020 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||MVL-20-005, Registered Nurse, Casual||Posting Type||Maple View Lodge|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||MVL Nursing Administration||Hours per Week||0|
|Department||MVL Nursing Administration||Openings||1|
|Salary Range||$33.23 - $47.57|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Maple View Lodge
Invites applications for the position of:
Salary: $33.23 - $47.57
Location: Maple View Lodge, Athens, Ontario
Hours of Work: No guarantee of hours
Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights
Start Date: Immediately
Bargaining Unit: ONA
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Registered Nurse coordinates the resident care program and resources of the home in accordance with the principle function of the nursing services, professional standards, and the Long Term Care Homes Act. Monitors nursing practice and resident outcomes based on policies and procedures, professional and regulatory standards, safety guidelines and best practice applying an analytical decision-making approach to address any negative outcomes or substandard practice. Is directly involved in the successful implementation and sustainability of Registered Nurses Association (RNAO) Best Practice Guidelines (BPG’s) and other Quality Initiatives directly related to improved resident outcomes.
Carries out nursing interventions within her scope of practice, and takes responsibility for consequences of decisions and actions taken. Maintains her own competency through reflective practice, ongoing learning, and professional development.
Education, Certification & Licenses
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and a member in good standing.
- Maintains competency in performing CPR according to standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certification in Gerontological Nursing Certification (GNC) preferred
- Knowledge and experience working in interdisciplinary teams, as well as familiarity with Long Term Care assessment and care planning processes.
- Understands relevant legislation and programs within Long Term Care
- Best Practice Champion preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Supervisory leadership of Care Team members.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external clients and consumers in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple complex tasks and activities meeting conflicting priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision) within a team-delivered organizational model.
- Demonstrated skills in documentation, written reports and clinical evaluations
- Computer literate in relevant technologies including working knowledge of MS Office, LTC documentation systems e.g. Point Click Care and will be required to learn new technologies and tools as they evolve.
Quality Improvement (20%)
- Assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate all activities necessary for assigned Quality Improvement (QI) programs under the direction and supervision of the Director of Care.
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement Program: data collection, monitoring quality indicators, analysis of outcomes, formulating corrective actions, strategic planning and involvement in committees.
- Conducts audits to determine compliance to specific BPG’s, legislation, consistency in application of policy, process and effectiveness of program initiatives.
- Recommend policies and procedures appropriate for meeting organizational and program strategic goals and resident needs that support quality assurance, program integrity and accountability.
- Act in a mentorship, consultative and advisory role for staff in the interpretation and compliance with Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Work in conjunction and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and managers to identify and recommend appropriate policy development.
General (approximately 80%)
- Coordinates admissions, transfers, and discharge of residents according to policies and procedures.
- Performs holistic assessments according to policies and procedures and collaborates with resident, family, and other care providers to establish and maintain a comprehensive plan of care that will be based on resident care requirements, medical needs, strengths, abilities and preferences.
- Effective communication and documentation of Best Practice recommendations that impact resident status and outcomes.
- Coordinates clinical and support services, including liaising with external agencies to ensure most effective and therapeutic care is delivered.
- Acts as lead in interdisciplinary annual and special needs Resident Care conferences
- Completes nursing documentation according to professional standards, LTC documentation requirements, and based on policies and procedures. Maintains health records in compliance with legislations, e.g. Privacy Act, Long Term Care Homes Act.
- Demonstrates leadership when working with members of the care team, to coordinate care and service delivery for the benefit of the resident. This includes problem solving issues of care, nursing expertise, and consulting experts as necessary to ensure that resident’s needs are met and appropriate safeguards are in place.
- Monitors and evaluates resident needs and care goals regularly according to LTC standards and policies and procedures, and by analyzing and interpreting overall resident outcomes and modifying plan of care as needed, using professional judgement.
- Collaborates with the RAI Coordinator regarding resident assessment and flow sheet documentation observations.
- Assists in the training of new staff to achieve performance expectations through orientation, coaching and mentoring
- Provides ongoing support to staff, and acts as advocate for residents and families to ensure resident’s rights are protected. Maintains an abuse-free living and working environment.
- Delegates task to care team members according to their scope of practice and competencies and evaluates performance outcomes with adequate follow-up to ensure care and services are provided according to established standards.
- Utilizes and allocates resources effectively by distributing, monitoring and maintaining adequate nursing supplies and equipment on the unit. Also provides directions to staff to ensure use of equipment and supplies are in accordance with policies and procedures, manufacturer’s instructions and health and safety regulations.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of Resident Home Areas (RHA) goals and objectives, improving nursing standards, and development of policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with routine practices and effective implementation of appropriate infection control protocols based on surveillance of risks and outbreak management.
- Performs self-reflective practice annually and develops own learning plan to improve level of performance both for professional and personal growth.
- Commitment to participate in education programs aligned with role, personal and professional growth and leadership.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification
Resumes should be marked “Competition # MVL-20-005 (Registered Nurse, Casual) and submitted online through our website by 4:00 p.m. on/before December 3, 2020 to https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, will only be used for this purpose and will be retained for a maximum twelve month period.
AttachmentsMVL-20-005 Registered Nurse, Casual- Deadline December 3, 2020.pdf