MVL-20-007, Dietary Aide, Casual
|Open Date||Nov 04 2020 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 03 2020 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||MVL-20-007, Dietary Aide, Casual||Posting Type||Maple View Lodge|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Dietary||Hours per Week||0|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Salary Range||$20.86 to $24.84 per hour|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Maple View Lodge
Invites applications for the position of:
Position: Dietary Aide
2020 OPSEU Salary Range: $20.86 to $24.84 per hour
Location: Maple View Lodge, Athens, Ontario
Union: OPSEU 494 (Maple View Lodge) bargaining unit
Reporting to the Administrator or designate, and under the direction of the Support Services Supervisor, the Dietary Aide position will be responsible for food preparation, cooking and distribution of meals to residents in the dining room.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Successful Completion or enrolled in a Food Service Worker training program at an established college as listed in the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002 or a registered private career college in Ontario.
- Familiarity with Infection Control procedures and Canada Food Guide requirements
- Previous experience in a food service setting would be considered an asset.
- Enjoy interaction with the elderly.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Strong organizational abilities
- Have flexibility with work schedule, willing to accept shifts on short notice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to perform cooking duties in a leadership role
- Assist cook with meal preparation and relieves the cook during absences
- Prepares and/or directs food preparation of all menu items using standardized recipes, Therapeutic Menus, Production Sheets
- Set tables, serve food, clean tables and chairs after use
- Performs cleaning duties as scheduled or required
- Removes garbage and recycling, cleans containers from dietary areas
- Performs dietary duties in accordance to work routines and position responsibilities consistent with operational policies.
- Responsible for restocking assigned areas and work areas with the required supplies i.e., kitchen, serveries, etc.
- Accept orders from suppliers, storage of supplies, and rotation of stock when required.
- Learns the operation of all equipment in kitchen, cleaning of all equipment, including assembly and disassembly of each item. Maintains and operates dish machine, reports any problems to supervisor or Maintenance Department
- Uses an assortment of chemicals i.e. soaps, chemical based cleaning products while maintaining knowledge of chemicals used in a safe and timely manner as per label and in accordance with MSDS Sheets.
- Stay abreast with department operating procedures.
- Assists in maintaining an organized, safe and clean work/storage area.
- Maintains documentation within the department as required.
- Orientates new staff to duties.
- Assists in monitoring the availability of adequate supplies for the department and utilizes supplies efficiently.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-services, workshops, education as required i.e., WHMIS, Fire & Safety training, Food Handler course, etc. as required.
- Ensures that all chemical products are labelled and legible with the proper WHMIS labels within the dietary work areas.
- Responsible for using Personal Protective Equipment as required ensuring safe practices.
- Will accept extra dutie4s and scheduling changes as required in the absence of other staff.
- Gives support to all areas of the department.
- Reports any sign of rodents to the Support Services Supervisor.
- The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All managers are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure the successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintains a high level of respect of confidentiality for the organization, as per the Municipal Freedom and Information and Protection and Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.
Applications should be marked “Competition #MVL-20-007 (Dietary Aide, Casual)” and submitted through our website online by 4:00 p.m. on/before December 3, 2020, to: careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA),and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsMVL-20-007 Dietary Aide, Casual- Deadline December 3, 2020.pdf