MVL-20-013, Administrator, Permanent Full time
|Open Date||Feb 05 2020 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 26 2020 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||MVL-20-013, Administrator, Permanent Full time||Posting Type||Maple View Lodge|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full Time|
|Department Group||MVL Administration||Hours per Week||35|
|Salary Range||$106,566 to $133,208|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
The provincial government has approved an expansion of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville owned Maple View Lodge, long-term care home, located in Athens, Ontario. The highly anticipated expansion will see the addition of 132 class – “A” beds from the current existing 60-bed facility we see today.
Maple View Lodge is located in Athens, Ontario and is part of the region's heartland, famous for its lakes and cottage country such as Charleston Lake and the Rideau Canal System. Athens is located 20 minutes North of Brockville, Ontario, known for its tourist destinations including the Thousand Islands, bridges to the USA, and situated on the Highway 401, between Kingston, Toronto and Montreal.
Due to this unprecedented growth, we are seeking and ideal candidate who is a visionary leader, instrumental in shaping Maple View Lodge’s culture to support and manage the expansion project to ensure the successful growth of its management team. The Administrator will possess strong leadership, approachability, transparency and inclusivity. The successful applicant will have a strong business acumen, experience in assessing, planning, directing and evaluating financial, operational and day-to-day management of the home. The ideal Administrator is a strong communicator and relationship builder who embraces others abilities towards a solution oriented approach and the ability to support staff and residents. In addition, we are seeking a person to build on talent management, succession planning and organizational development while ensuing alignment to the organization’s mission, vision, values and work to further its priorities.
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work: Seventy (70) hours bi-weekly
2020 Salary: $106, 566 to $133, 208 annually
Location: Athens, Ontario
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Maple View Lodge Administrator is responsible for the development of long-term plans in accordance with set standards of performance and for overseeing and directing all aspects of the operations of Maple View Lodge. The Administrator is responsible for ensuring all applicable provincial and municipal legislation and regulations are adhered to and met.
Education, Certification & Licenses
- University Degree or three year college diploma in Business/Public Administration, Finance, Health Care Administration or a related field.
- Completion of the Long-Term Care Administrator Certification course through AdvantAge Ontario, or CHALearning.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or formal project management training would be considered an asset.
- Must have a valid Ontario class ‘G’ driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- A minimum of six (6) years in a senior management role, preferable in the health sector, ideally demonstrated in large complex health and human service deliver organizations.
- Previous experience in a Municipal environment and Long Term Care Facility would be considered an asset.
- Extensive experience dealing with principles and practice of risk management
- Professional experience leading in a unionized environment.
- Significant experience in program leadership, project management and quality initiatives relating to people, strategy, financial and resource utilization.
- Experience in leadership roles during a significant change such as redevelopment and the transitions required for success is an asset.
- Proven ability managing a Home’s day to day operations through departmental supervisors.
- Knowledge and experience working in interdisciplinary teams, as well as familiarity with Long Term Care assessment and care planning processes.
- Knowledge of Ontario health sector and Long Term Care workforce trends within this sector.
- An understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation and programs within Long Term Care
Skills & Abilities
- Supervisory leadership of Care Team members
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Professional competencies related to communication, life long learning, public relations and health environment awareness
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external clients and consumers in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple complex tasks and activities meeting conflicting priorities and timelines.
Computer literate in relevant technologies including working knowledge of MS Office, LTC documentation systems e.g. Point Click Care and will be required to learn new technologies and tools as they evolve
Budget and Capital Funding (approximately 25%)
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget and capital funding.
- Ensuring effective management of both the operational and capital budget through quarterly reviews; initiate actions if required to stay on target.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of reports for funding to the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) and the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
Strategic Planning (approximately 25%)
- Responsible for the strategic direction of Maple View Lodge, ensuring the effective use of resources.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of quarterly reports to Joint Services Committee.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective use of recourses and ensures plans and activities are documented according to policies, procedures and standards. Conducts research and reviews to identify, study and evaluate programs, services and best practices.
- Promote and create opportunities for enhancing effective communication throughout the Home with staff, residents, resident families and other key stakeholders.
Labour Relations and Personnel Management (approximately 25%)
- Creates a high performance environment by setting clear, realistic goals and work plans and providing open and consistent feedback and coaching.
- Conducting performance management initiatives on a regular and ongoing and annual basis.
- Works to build an inclusive and productive continuous improvement environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork; setting performance standards and providing relevant feedback.
- Monitors directly reporting staff, and provides an engaging environment where team members are motivated to achieve goals.
- Works closely with Human Resources to maintain positive labour relations with union partners.
- Solicits feedback from Union Executive on major issues/decisions impacting Maple View Lodge staff working closely with Human Resources, provides leadership for negotiations.
- Acts as representative of the division and the County in collective bargaining, grievance hearings, mediations and arbitrations as required.
Public Relations (approximately 15%)
- Represents the County as required at public events.
- Attends all regional and provincial meetings, conferences and training sessions to keep current with changes and trends.
- Promotes, markets and supports the overall Mission and Philosophy of Care at Maple View Lodge in the community, actively promote community partnerships and activities.
- Ensures investigations are conducted for all complaints and reports have been filed with the MOHLTC.
General (approximately 10%)
- Responsible to the Chief Administrative Officer and the Committee of Management to ensure all programs, medical and nursing services are provided in a manner that focuses on resident satisfaction and fully supports resident rights as required by legislation (LTC Homes Act).
- Responsible for meeting and working with members of other County departments as it pertains to the operation of Maple View Lodge (Human Resources, Information Technology and Finance).
- Responsible for reviewing and authorizing departmental expenses.
- Be a collaborative member of the Senior Management Team
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Resumes should be marked “Competition # MVL-20-013, Administrator, PFT” and submitted online by 4:00 p.m. on /before February 26, 2020 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com/job/search/
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsMVL-20-013 Administrator PFT - Deadline February 26, 2020.pdf