MVL-21-044 Housekeeping/Laundry Aide, Casual
|Open Date||Mar 31 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 28 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||MVL-21-044 Housekeeping/Laundry Aide, Casual||Posting Type||Maple View Lodge|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||0|
|Education||Grade 12 or Equivalent GED|
|Salary Range||$21.17 - $25.21|
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Maple View Lodge
Invites applications for the position of:
Position: Housekeeping/Laundry Aide
Hours of work: Not guaranteed
2021 OPSEU Salary Range: $21.17 to $25.21per hour
Location: Maple View Lodge, Athens, Ontario
Union: OPSEU 494 (Maple View Lodge) bargaining unit
The provincial government has approved an expansion of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville owned Maple View Lodge, long-term care home, located in Athens, Ontario. The highly anticipated expansion will see the addition of 132 class – “A” beds from the current existing 60-bed facility we see today.
Maple View Lodge is located in Athens, Ontario and is part of the region's heartland, famous for its lakes and cottage country such as Charleston Lake and the Rideau Canal System. Athens is located 20 minutes North of Brockville, Ontario, known for its tourist destinations including the Thousand Islands, bridges to the USA, and situated on the Highway 401, between Kingston, Toronto and Montreal.
Reporting to the Support Services Supervisor or designate, the Housekeeping/Laundry Aide position will be responsible for cleaning all areas of Maple View Lodge from attic to basement and outside area of home with laundry responsibilities on a regular basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Familiarity with infection control procedures within housekeeping and laundry environment.
- Previous experience in housekeeping and laundry would be considered an asset.
- Enjoy interaction with the elderly.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Have flexibility with work schedule, willing to accept shifts on short notice.
- Good physical health.
- Previous work experience in geriatric/long term care an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs housekeeping, laundry duties in accordance to work routines and position responsibilities consistent with operational policies.
- Uses soaps, bleaches and cleaning products in a safe and timely manner as label(s) states and in accordance with SDS sheets.
- Ensures that all cleaning products are labelled and legible with the proper WHMIS labels.
- Removes garbage and clean containers as scheduled or required.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and organized work/storage area.
- Operates some housekeeping, laundry and nursing equipment, i.e. carts, mops vacuum cleaners, auto floor scrubber, washer, dryer, iron, labelling machine, ladders, step stools, moving of furniture daily, pushing wheelchairs, and geriatric chairs.
- Some lifting, walking, climbing, standing, sitting, working in confined spaces is required.
- Orientates new staff to duties regarding proper sanitation and hygiene.
- Ensures that all residents’ personal items are neatly folded or hung and returned to residents’ drawers/closets/storage area as required.
- Maintains all Ministry of Health standards and criteria.
- Maintains a clean and organized work/storage area.
- Knows where SDS Books are kept.
- Will accept extra duties and scheduling changes as required in the absence of other staff.
- Maintains personal health, hygiene and appearance.
- Maintains documentation within the department as required.
- The United Counties’ of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure the successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintains a high level of respect of confidentiality for the organization, as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
How to Apply: Submit online by 4:00pm on April 28, 2021 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process, is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
AttachmentsMVL-21-044 Housekeeping Laundry Aide, Casual-Deadline April 28-2021.pdf